The Learning Zone provides the Welsh third sector with the ability to connect and learn online on a whole range of topics. The benefits of online learning are well documented and feedback from learners is that they want a more flexible way to learn, in particular, trustees and staff who simply don’t have the time or are unable to travel.
Learners are able to access standalone courses as well as blended learning resources to complement traditional classroom based training sessions and events.
Courses are grouped into six distinct areas with subjects including bid writing, tendering, business planning, fundraising and action learning to name but a few. Over the coming months we will be expanding the range of courses available for learners to access.
What online learning offers
- Provides access to materials and learning resources 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Learning can be self-paced and therefore gives you the chance to work through the course when it suits you
- Keep in touch with other learners through password protected forums or news postings
- Get instant feedback from tests, quizzes and from your trainer
- Keep learners interested before, after and between courses with interactive activities
- Learners with little or not ICT experience can learn a new skill
- Can be used in conjunction with face-to-face learning to offer a blended learning approach